Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Honeymoon - Finland: Rovaniemi - Santa Claus Village

The next day was my favourite day. Santa Claus Village! 

We took bus no. 8 from the town area that brings you all the way to the entrance. Buy return bus trip for €3.90/pax. 
You can check out the details here: https://santaclausvillage.info/

The village is quite big and we spent our whole day there. There's quite a fair bit of activities to do if you are willing to spend... we didn't cause my intention was really exploring this special place. Home to Santa (if you believe), and where the Arctic Circle runs through this village. 

During this season, Santa Park wasn't open unfortunately as it is only open during Winter.



The pillar and lines draws the Arctic Circle

Next stop we went to the Post office! Writing lots of postcards to family members as a token! Surreal to send postcards from the village, something I have been dreaming of since young. Be prepared to have the addresses ready, and depending how many you are sending out... it took me some time to finish writing all of them!


And the best salmon I've ever eaten is right here. Santa's Salmon Place. 
It's a small hut so the seats are limited. The salmon is cooked freshed, so be prepared to wait. And... it is not cheap. 
Something to note also is that here in Finland, there is no air-con system in the hut/houses because there is never a need to use that. Except some has a heater. So even at our Airbnb, we kept a small window open to circulate the air, but of course it gets cold after a while, so have to "agar agar" yourself. 






 
 
This guy had some fun on the snow, which I will never do that cause I was freezing like hell. 
 
I really love this place, I bet it will be even wonderful and starry during Christmas season. 
If I can, I definitely will want to come back again to Finland. 

No comments:

Post a Comment