Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Lemon Cupcake Recipe

Made lemon cupcakes during the public holiday!
And to me, it was a success! Cause it came out good looking, and had the lemon taste.
Was kinda worried don't have the lemon taste.
 
This recipe is adapted from Sallys Baking Addiction
 
Perfect recipe for me!
I skipped the vanilla frosting because I don't like frostings. hehe.
 
So, anyway, here's a summary of what are the ingredients.
 
Anti-clockwise from the butter (bottom right):
(1) 115g unsalted butter at room temperature, 200g fine caster sugar
(2) 190g all-purpose flour , 2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt
(3) 2 freshly squeeze lemon + zest; 2 medium eggs at room temperature with 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
(4) 120ml milk
 
 
They are in sequence of how I make the batter.
So beat the eggs and sugar for 2 full minutes (per Sallys guide) using medium high speed. I'm using Kenwood electric beater, present by the RSVP girls. :) use speed number 3. 
Add in (2) slowly in portions, keeping speed number 3. This takes another 3min.
After that add in the eggs, another 1min medium high speed, then switch to low speed.
With low speed, I added the lemon juice and the milk.
 
Per the guide, the batter should be thick and cannot over beat it.
So, after I added the juice and milk, I just made sure it blended into the rest of the batter and I stopped.
It should feel thick and difficult to spoon it for the cupcake filling.
 
Bake at 278 degree Celsius, for 20min.
I used mini cupcakes, but I still kept it at 20min and still okay.
For the standard cupcake size, I had to prolong the time to about 23-25min.
 
 
 
Because mine didn't have any frosting, I was worried that it might taste sour by itself so I added oreo cream on top.
For me, I like it sour lah so without the oreo also can.
But GGH prefers with oreo topping.
 

 


This is by far one of my best made cupcake. hahaha.
Making another batch now for my girls, but I didn't add too much lemon cause worried too sour. haha..
Anyway, hope to hear good comments from them. :p
 


No comments:

Post a Comment