Monday, August 04, 2014

My 28th: Month round celebration 1

And so, the BANANAS were the first to chop and celebrate my birthday!
I thought this year was gonna be a breeze with simple dinner, but I was wrong....
 
First, they brought me to a café (good start!)
It is Necessary Provision, located among the bungalows at Toh Tuck Rd.
I swear it was embarrassing....
GGH and I couldn't find where the entrance door was and we walked behind the shop (thinking it could probably be behind like some arty shops)...
Then there's this guy smoking, and asked "are you looking for the toilet?"
I wanted to ask where's the door. But figured he'd laugh at me...
 
So anyway, I finally saw at "PUSH" word and tadah! I'm in! haha..
 
 
And the couple were already inside, maybe laughing at us... hahaha...
And a wefie using a selfie stick!!!
 
This shot is like after so many attempts...  
 
And this came as a surprise to me! birthday cake like 10 min after I sat down... haaha...
Well, I tot this would come maybe for dinner...
So sweet of them... for NOW. hahaha...

 
Shortly after, we popped by the next door for more cakes!
 
Lynn's Cakes & Coffee
 
Cause they say the cakes were good, and there's rainbow cake!
Yah, I like rainbow cakes not because it's fantastic, but it makes me happy. :)

Total 3 cakes I ate in a day, or in an hour. lol...
 
Sad to say, the rainbow cake was very forgettable. Definitely not on my list.
The carrot cake was still not too bad.
 

 
After eating so much, they brought me to somewhere for a vigorous exercise...
Playing baseball...
 
Never heard of this place before, it's located behind Cycle & Carriage... near Teban Gardens.
Really cannot remember the address though.
Try googling it k.
 
This is the first cage which is the easiest because of the slow speed and bigger ball. It uses softball.
 
Looking like a pro...

 
This guy looks like he wanna whack someone. hahah...

 
Obviously not the right way to hold a bat.

 
After trying a few rounds, we kinda got the hang of it but I think for girls, it hurts abit when u hit the ball cause the impact will get to your palm.
 
I had a small bruise after the game. Suffering of a birthday girl #1.
 
The guys getting better with the fast balls.
At the end of the game, we were all sweaty and perspiring.
And they didn't even tell me beforehand that I was going to sweat! Luckily I had gym in the morning and wore shoes that day. Shouldn't have bathe though. hahaha...
 
 
There's another cage for throwing called "Strike Out"
There's an automated shooting machine that throws the ball at you.
You catch it and try to aim at the blinking number.
 
I...
Totally FAILED at this...
 
I got only 1 point out of the 12 throws while the rest did much better than me.
So, I shall not post my embarrassing results here.

 
It was great fun but tiring (I'm feeling abit sore on my arms today)...
And there goes the 3 cakes.... haha... 
 

Poser.
 
 
And we headed for dinner!
And I thought I could relax already... but I was WRONG.
I had to walk up a long slope (more exercise) before reaching the dinner destination.
Suffering of a birthday girl #2.
And here we are: Lucha Loco 
Mexico food!  
 
 
 

Good friends are like stars. You don't have to see them, but you know they're always there!
 Realised I didn't take a picture with Edmund... hahaha... Busy honing his photography skills. hehe...
 
And our Mexican food!
All of them were good except for the ribs which I think it's normal.
The Tacos were great!
 
 
After that we went outside for drinks and chips.
This shot, is again, after many attempts by Ed. lol...

 
Having already ordered my drink, and I quote what GGH said, "This drink didn't short change us"...
Really stronger than usual... (or maybe it's been a long time I drank)
.....
.....
But they think my drink not enough.... they bought a shot for me!
I have never drank a shot in my life.... but apparently Ed didn't bother. He still asked which one is the best..... -.-"""
And I had to do it cause the two guys so steadily sang a birthday song for me when they gave me the shot.... Steady team!
Suffering of a birthday girl #3.
 

 
It was awful!!! The burning sensation on your throat... yikes!!!!
And for the first time, I love that orange... yah, orange is not my favourite fruit.
But that night that moment, it was the best!
 
And to end such a fantastic night, when I wanted to go home, I puked!!!!
And again, my first time vomiting after drinking!!!!
Suffering of a birthday girl #4
 
Ultimate right... hahaha...
But even though it was tiring and "pitiful"...haha...
it's one great celebration that I'll probably remember for some time. hahaha...
Thank you Karin & Edmund for the effort, the fun time, and present!
Till the BANANAS strikes again...
 
Here's a video of my virgin shot drink. I think I was gonna tear from the burning sensation.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment